Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset nvram, pram, smc in terminal

I tried the apple way to reset but it still not affected to me (corrupted boot screen, but everything else works fine). Does anybody can tell me terminal command for it?

Posted on Jun 18, 2019 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 9:15 AM

For an SMC reset the only way to do that without using the keys is to unplug the power (iMac, Mac Pro) or disconnect the internal battery (MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air).

For the NVRAM reset you can to that in Terminal in recovery mode or just in normal boot mode.

sudo nvram -c

You may or may not need to type the "sudo" part.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2019 9:15 AM in response to Driftin

For an SMC reset the only way to do that without using the keys is to unplug the power (iMac, Mac Pro) or disconnect the internal battery (MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air).

For the NVRAM reset you can to that in Terminal in recovery mode or just in normal boot mode.

sudo nvram -c

You may or may not need to type the "sudo" part.

Jun 20, 2019 9:50 AM in response to Driftin

Download and run Etrecheck. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support  to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Copy the report

and use the Add Text button to include the report in your reply. How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report

Before running Etrecheck assign Full Disk Access to Etrecheck so that it can get additional information from the Console and log files for the report:

Then we can examine the report and see if we can determine what's causing the problem..

Reset nvram, pram, smc in terminal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.