Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4k how to delete a stored network

How do I delete a wifi network from my Apple TV 4k? I can't see anything in the menus.

Alternatively...How do I stop my Apple TV from swapping networks without telling me? One on my networks is metered so I don't like to use it unless the other one is not working.

Or...even better...is there a way of saying which is the priority/favourite network to use by default when the Apple TV is switched on?

Thanks, Jim

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 12

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 12:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 2:33 AM

You can see the Wi-Fi network in use in Settings﹥Network﹥[ᴄᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ] …

There you can tell it to forget the current wireless network, which will delete that name and password from its memory.

There is (currently) no interface on Apple TV to forget networks that are not actively connected at that time.

There is (currently) no interface on Apple TV to organize networks by priority or favorites.

If you feel this is a missing feature, then you can let Apple know: www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

Alternatively, if it is not too frequently, you could change the SSID network name (on the network equipment) after each use, so that it doesn’t match anything in the list of previously used networks in the memory of Apple TV. E.g. “Sump_metered_1234”/​“_1235”/​etc.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2019 2:33 AM in response to Lord Sumptuous

You can see the Wi-Fi network in use in Settings﹥Network﹥[ᴄᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ] …

There you can tell it to forget the current wireless network, which will delete that name and password from its memory.

There is (currently) no interface on Apple TV to forget networks that are not actively connected at that time.

There is (currently) no interface on Apple TV to organize networks by priority or favorites.

If you feel this is a missing feature, then you can let Apple know: www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

Alternatively, if it is not too frequently, you could change the SSID network name (on the network equipment) after each use, so that it doesn’t match anything in the list of previously used networks in the memory of Apple TV. E.g. “Sump_metered_1234”/​“_1235”/​etc.

Apple TV 4k how to delete a stored network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.