Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since the 12.3.1 install my iPhone 8 has been glitching

Ever since I did the 12.3.1 install a few days ago my iPhone 8 has been glitching. When i listen to music on the Spotify app it jumps thru and skips songs and suddenly the song will stop and Siri will be triggered even though i didn't say "hey Siri" or push the Home button. Same happens when listening to Pandora music. Both apps have the latest updates from the app store. I have powered off the phone and restarted a couple times and it keeps happening. So is this a 12.3.1 issue or issues with the apps?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 7:16 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I figured out the issue - it was something with the lightning port and my earbuds. I changed to a different set of earbuds and haven't had the wierd jumping/skipping/Siri issue. (eyeroll.... should have tried that earlier, i just didn't realize til after i posted this question).

2 replies

Jun 19, 2019 6:09 PM in response to christa241

Hello christa241,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that since updating your iPhone it has been glitching and music skips songs and also they suddenly stop playing. I am happy to help.

I would recommend installing the iOS again and see if that corrects the issues. Use iTunes to reinstall the iOS.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Keep me posted on your progress.

Have a great day!

Since the 12.3.1 install my iPhone 8 has been glitching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.