Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone XR "Could not activate cellular data network" - Big flaw in the apple software while restore from iTunes

I had iphone 7 which had a problem of "No service" and provided to apple to repair it. Meanwhile I purchased new iPhone XR and restored from iTunes backup from my old iPhone7.

Now the problem arrives and it sucks our time daily to figure out to make the data work. It always throws an error when we try to open safari page "Could not activate cellular data network" .

1. I had visited Expercom (apple partner) and they diagnosed iPhone XR and said there is no problem with the phone.
  2. I contacted Verizon and they have no idea how to fix the problem and following the SOP in their system to do same thing we have ourselves by visiting their website.
  3. We have done all necessary troubleshooting like "airplane mode" cellular data On/off", "reset network setting" "reset all setting" and so on it does nothing the problem comes back again

When I read online forum all I found is to factory reset and use as an new iPhone. This is really frustrating since I will lose all my data.

More research I found is that when we restore the iPhone from itunes it also updates the APN settings in the background and users cannot edit/replace or delete it. The only way to use third party APN profiles or Factory reset.

Being such an big flaw in the iPhone XR and Apple system

We paid $750 for new iPhone XR and $40 for 3 GB data and sitting to figure out how to fix the data issue by wasting avg $10 per hour of work, it is really worthless.

Does Apple has an vision has to fix these kind of problems ? I am happy to talk to anyone in the apple support.

Thanks

Karthik

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2019 11:14 AM

Fixed it myself,

The hidden LTE profile cannot be deleted from your iCloud or computer Itunes.

Finally set up as a new phone and it worked.

Only pain is to have download all the apps, user password etc, etc

Similar questions

3 replies

Iphone XR "Could not activate cellular data network" - Big flaw in the apple software while restore from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.