Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pad air 10.5

I have set up my new iPad 10.5 and transferred the information from my iPad 2. Unfortunately the apps which were shown in the home screen are no longer shown in my new iPad Air home screen. How do I now get these onto the home screen.

iPad Air

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2019 1:19 PM

How did you transfer the Information to the new iPad?

Did you restore a backup from the iPad 2 onto the new iPad Air? Did you use the same Apple ID on the new iPad as you were using on the old one?

If you did restore a backup from the iPad 2 and are using the same Apple ID, then available apps should have been automatically downloaded to the new iPad from the App Store. The missing Apps may no longer be available on the App Store and/or are likely to be 32 bit apps, and as such incompatible with the new iPad's operating system.

You can open the App Store, tap on the icon at the top right corner, and then on Purchased and see what apps are still available and compatible with your new iPad from your purchased list.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2019 1:19 PM in response to Tyke2

How did you transfer the Information to the new iPad?

Did you restore a backup from the iPad 2 onto the new iPad Air? Did you use the same Apple ID on the new iPad as you were using on the old one?

If you did restore a backup from the iPad 2 and are using the same Apple ID, then available apps should have been automatically downloaded to the new iPad from the App Store. The missing Apps may no longer be available on the App Store and/or are likely to be 32 bit apps, and as such incompatible with the new iPad's operating system.

You can open the App Store, tap on the icon at the top right corner, and then on Purchased and see what apps are still available and compatible with your new iPad from your purchased list.

I pad air 10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.