Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Song playback from iTunes

I purchased three different songs this past week off of iTunes on my phone. When I attempt to play these songs using iTunes on my laptop, two of the three play fine. The third states the laptop is not authorized to play said song. So I authorize my laptop, to which a notification pops up that the laptop has already been authorized, and has now been re-authorized.

Long story short, why will this one song not play?

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 8:09 AM

Delete it in iTunes, then redownload it free of charge. Right-click the track in the library for options. Use Remove Download if you see it, otherwise use Delete, then respond to any further prompts. You want to delete/recycle the file, but not remove the item for your purchase history, that way you should end up with a cloud link for redownloading.

If you hid it, or don't see it after it has been deleted, see Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support for details of how to reveal and download.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2019 8:09 AM in response to havey_77

Delete it in iTunes, then redownload it free of charge. Right-click the track in the library for options. Use Remove Download if you see it, otherwise use Delete, then respond to any further prompts. You want to delete/recycle the file, but not remove the item for your purchase history, that way you should end up with a cloud link for redownloading.

If you hid it, or don't see it after it has been deleted, see Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support for details of how to reveal and download.

tt2

Song playback from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.