Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2017 failure

Today morning I when I tried to turn on my MacBook Air 2017 it just broke up on me. Now, it isn’t turning on, but it is charging. I only used my MacBook to do some coding and video watching only . The person at the authorized service center told me that my mlb or main logic board had failed. There is no any kind of water damage as well.

Mare there any possible reasons for this failure?( life of my mac was just 2 years)

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 7:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 7:42 AM

Greetings,

Thanks for reaching out. We'd love to help you!

Please try starting troubleshooting by resetting the System Management Controller. The instructions can be found here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Similar questions

9 replies

Aug 4, 2019 11:23 AM in response to lyn134

lyn134 wrote:

Where you able to fix your Mac? It seems that this just had happened to me too. I tried opening my Mac after sleep and it displayed a screen like this.
Based on what I had read from the net it looks like a logic board failure, and my Mac is only 2 years old.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/85bd302b-7fe5-4e19-aeee-983a049553f6

Two completely different symptoms. @lyn134, that looks like a defective Display which will need to be replaced.

Nov 17, 2019 9:01 PM in response to lyn134

My laptop is now fine for over 2 months so far. I was adviced to change the LCD monitor. But I can't afford one. When I brought it to the technician he cleaned it, I think the fan too because we noticed that it was heating faster than it should be. But it didn't work still.

Then after a month a technician look at it again, but he never opened the laptop's case. He just said that I should turn on the laptop once or twice a week and charge it.

I did and after 5th open I guess, the display came back again, like nothing had happened.

Jun 21, 2019 1:31 AM in response to himanshu48

I've seen this with some of the 2013-15 models which are very similar. I've been told one of the surface mount capacitors on the Logic Board fails and causes this issue which requires the replacement of the Logic Board since very few repair shops can actually replace such components on a Logic Board. Apple's only official course of action is a Logic Board replacement.

Nov 16, 2019 10:55 AM in response to rreinhardt93

I too have a faulty MBA 2017 and the logic board failed today. Doesn't show any sign of power and had taken it to the Premium Authorized Service Center just to told that they would need to replace the faulty logic board which costs 80% off the new MBA 2018. Doesn't make any sense as to why the logic board failed in the first place?

MacBook Air 2017 failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.