My MacBook will not turn on after pressing the small gold button to disconnect the battery. (Macbook 12 inch, retina 2017)

I opened up my MacBook because a few months ago, I've spilled water in my backpack where my MacBook was located. I went home and I opened up an ifixit guide for my Mac so I can open it up to take a look at it. Luckily, there was no water damage but the guide told me to push a button to shut off the battery so it’s safe to work. I then reassemble my MacBook, and when I plug in the charger and power on the computer, it did not turn on and began warming up. Someone else also had this issue inside the guide that I was on and some people use different chargers and stuff like that but in my case, none of that worked for me and I was wondering if there are any other tips I can try. I’ve tried most basic stuff, like resetting the SMC, trying to go in recovery mode but nothing. I did take it to the Apple Store but they didn’t really do much. Sorry for the long explanation I tried to explain all the details I’ve tried. I have included a picture of the user, having the same problem as me.

MacBook

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 10:32 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

My MacBook will not turn on after pressing the small gold button to disconnect the battery. (Macbook 12 inch, retina 2017)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.