Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Temp Sensor On Early 2011 MacBook Pro

I need help, I am restoring this lovely Early 2011 MacBook Pro 13inch And it has started developing a problem, When running on battery power sometimes the machine just shuts of like the battery has been pulled. I have run Apples Hardware Test and sometimes got this error code - 4SNS/1/T0000008:TBOT--124.

I Have got it down to this being a Temperature sensor but i am very confused as the shutdowns seem to be totally random and that after running the Diagnostics multiple times with the charger connected and also disconnected the error does not seem to appear most of the time. Can someone please help me as i don't want this beautiful MacBook to go. Is there any way to fix it as apple can't repair it anymore, and will just replacing the battery fix the issue as it is a battery sensor that is faulty. Please give me all the information you have on this issue and anything i can do / try. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2019 12:00 PM

Best you can do is take it in if you want a repair. If Apple won't do the work a third party will—this would constitute a logic board replacement.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"—

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2019 12:00 PM in response to Seannelson012

Best you can do is take it in if you want a repair. If Apple won't do the work a third party will—this would constitute a logic board replacement.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"—

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Battery Temp Sensor On Early 2011 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.