Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard does not type normal characters all of a sudden- Macbook Air

I've the same or even worst problem as other guy mentioned here:

The numerals line on my keyboard doesn't not type normal characters all of a sudden. I notice especially the alt characters are not the usual ones. Everything was normal,Then this just happened.

When I restart the macbook air it starts on a page with selecting language which I select English. The problem is next alla alfabet are in caplops key is on and the other strange problem all digits (1-9) are not there and you get other characters which are not on key as such. Is it kind of virus which cause it?! I've lost so many hours to get it works but it doesn't. Could you help hot to get it back to as normal?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2019 5:44 AM

Hi,

I tried with alt+cmd+R. All are in capital letters even the sift key is not on. I can't login to macbook. I could it just happened? It's very strange product!!! I've not seen this kind of problem on the widows based computers.

Similar questions

3 replies

Keyboard does not type normal characters all of a sudden- Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.