Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect to internet with Safari or apple apps?

I am running a MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2017), with Mojave (10.14.5). Issue started on Wednesday June 19th. I get an error message when I open Safari that Safari can't find the server. I have Safari 12.1.1 (14607.2.6.1.1) installed. I also cannot connect to the App Store, or check to see if there are any software upgrades that I need. I get an error message that Software Undate can't connect to the Apple Software Update Server. I can access the internet through Firefox. I'm at a loss as to what I need to do to fix this issue. I appreciate any advice.

MacBook

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 10:16 AM

Joseph Buoscio, wrote:

Issue started on Wednesday June 19th.

Thanks for your reply, Leroydouglas. I seem to only have the problem on my MacBook Pro - I can use Safari, and access everything on my I-Mac, I-Pad, and I-Phone no problem. I also have the same issue with my MacBook at my office. All my other systems work fine. I don't think this is a Wi-Fe connectivity issue.

What changed happened on June 19th ?

There is no stand alone Safari however to refresh these apps you can boot into Recovery and reinstall the macOS on top of your existing macOS in an effort to sort this anomaly.

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2019 10:16 AM in response to Joseph Buoscio,

Joseph Buoscio, wrote:

Issue started on Wednesday June 19th.

Thanks for your reply, Leroydouglas. I seem to only have the problem on my MacBook Pro - I can use Safari, and access everything on my I-Mac, I-Pad, and I-Phone no problem. I also have the same issue with my MacBook at my office. All my other systems work fine. I don't think this is a Wi-Fe connectivity issue.

What changed happened on June 19th ?

There is no stand alone Safari however to refresh these apps you can boot into Recovery and reinstall the macOS on top of your existing macOS in an effort to sort this anomaly.

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Jun 21, 2019 9:55 AM in response to Joseph Buoscio,

Joseph Buoscio, wrote:

I am running a MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2017), with Mojave (10.14.5). Issue started on Wednesday June 19th. I get an error message when I open Safari that Safari can't find the server. I have Safari 12.1.1 (14607.2.6.1.1) installed. I also cannot connect to the App Store, or check to see if there are any software upgrades that I need. I get an error message that Software Undate can't connect to the Apple Software Update Server. I can access the internet through Firefox. I'm at a loss as to what I need to do to fix this issue. I appreciate any advice.

See troubleshooting — How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity - Apple Support

Jun 23, 2019 10:41 AM in response to Joseph Buoscio,

Thanks again LeroyDoulas, I really appreciate your help with this. I can't think of anything out of the ordinary that happened on the 19th. Everything worked fine when I shutdown and went to bed. Started up in the morning and no internet with apple. I noticed that my calendar also doesn't connect. I'm in the process now of re-installing my OS. I'll let you know how that works - got my fingers crossed.

Can't connect to internet with Safari or apple apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.