Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t add phone number to new contacts

Every time I try to add a new phone number to my new contacts lately without using any dashes it only sets the contact up for messages and email, no calls, and the phone number is displayed with no dashes.

This happens, I think, mainly when I try to add a local number but I could be wrong. I don’t notice these things very well I’m afraid..

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2019 2:08 PM

When you are adding the number, are you using the entire number? Like here in the US, that would be a 10 digit number, 3 for the area code, and 7 for the phone number. Also check Settings>Phone and see if you have Dial Assist turned on. Also, if you are using iCloud, see this about settings for iCloud, iCloud: Change the country or region format for iCloud Contacts

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2019 2:08 PM in response to rusterjack

When you are adding the number, are you using the entire number? Like here in the US, that would be a 10 digit number, 3 for the area code, and 7 for the phone number. Also check Settings>Phone and see if you have Dial Assist turned on. Also, if you are using iCloud, see this about settings for iCloud, iCloud: Change the country or region format for iCloud Contacts

Can’t add phone number to new contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.