You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate undetected

My heart rate is undetected on ONE activity only. It doesn’t work for Open Walk activity but it works for the only.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 6:12 AM

3 replies

Jun 22, 2019 5:40 PM in response to iKare55

This is an intermittent issue for me as well. I believe there is a lot of bluetooth communication between the AWatch and the iPhone when you start a Workout that prevents the heat rate to be properly tracked.

Normally this issue is only seen when recording a Workout. I believe after a reset it may start working but it is still an intermittent issue to begin with. But I think I have narrowed this issue down to the fact I started the Workout while wearing a bluetooth headset while listening to music or a podcast. It appears to be much more reliable if I start the Workout first then connect my bluetooth AirPods to start playing audio after it registers the heart rate.

Heart rate undetected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.