Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart rate no longer displayed during workouts

My heart rate used to be displayed during workouts, but now does not. I have made sure that heart rate is enabled during those activities but it's greyed out (when I go to the exercise on my phone in workout view), and cant be changed. It's not happening for all exercise types but for the most common ones I use, hiking and outdoor walking. These used to work; I assume I changed a setting inadvertently but I cant figure it out.

I think I have a series 5 but not sure how to check that. (It does have the EKG/arrythmia feature).

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Jan 18, 2022 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 2:50 AM

Hi

same issue as above but I have a Series 4 watch.

when I go into the iPhone’s Watch app and go to General it does not have a Workout Power Saving Mode to turn off.

is there another way for a Series 4 iWatch?

thanks,

6 replies

Jan 19, 2022 1:23 AM in response to LookingAtMolokai

On your iPhone, go to Settings/Privacy/Motion & Fitness and check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are On.

Open your iPhone’s Watch app and go to General and make sure that Workout Power Saving Mode is Off.

Next, go to Privacy and check that both Heart Rate and Fitness Tracking are both On.

Finally, go to Passcode and check that Wrist Detection is On.

If any of these settings are incorrect, they will prevent your watch from reading your heart rate during a workout. Set them correctly, and test your watch again.

Heart rate no longer displayed during workouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.