Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midi sustain pedal not recording

After I have updated my software to Logic Pro X 10.4.5, the sustain pedal of my Midi device (Technics keyboard) does not register or record. The pedal works when playing the keyboard, but as soon as I record MIDI, the sustain appears to be switched off. I can see that no values are coming through when I step on the pedal and playback also produces a recording without and sustain. Everything was working before the upgrade, so this is not a hardware problem or a problem with my Midi device, it has to be the new software.

Can anyone please help?

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2019 10:40 AM

Hi Hanz1208

You can delete your user preferences and see if this will solve your problem.

Before deleting user preferences, note any specific preference settings that you’ve made, and save any custom key commands you've created. Deleting preferences removes any custom preference settings and custom key commands.

To delete the user preferences, do the following:

1. Quit Logic Pro X.
  2. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
  3. Enter ~/Library/Preferences, then click Go.
  4. Remove the "com.apple.logic10.plist" file from the Preferences folder. 
  5. If you upgraded from an earlier version of Logic Pro, also remove the "com.apple.logic.pro" file.
  6. Restart your Mac.

After deleting preferences, open your project and try to reproduce the issue that you were experiencing. If the issue no longer occurs, open Logic Pro X preferences, reapply your custom settings, and import your custom key commands.

I Hope this was useful and solved your problem.

-Leon Elegant

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2019 10:40 AM in response to Hanz1208

Hi Hanz1208

You can delete your user preferences and see if this will solve your problem.

Before deleting user preferences, note any specific preference settings that you’ve made, and save any custom key commands you've created. Deleting preferences removes any custom preference settings and custom key commands.

To delete the user preferences, do the following:

1. Quit Logic Pro X.
  2. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
  3. Enter ~/Library/Preferences, then click Go.
  4. Remove the "com.apple.logic10.plist" file from the Preferences folder. 
  5. If you upgraded from an earlier version of Logic Pro, also remove the "com.apple.logic.pro" file.
  6. Restart your Mac.

After deleting preferences, open your project and try to reproduce the issue that you were experiencing. If the issue no longer occurs, open Logic Pro X preferences, reapply your custom settings, and import your custom key commands.

I Hope this was useful and solved your problem.

-Leon Elegant

Jun 27, 2019 3:02 AM in response to Leon Elegant

Dear Leon and Pancenter,

Many thanks for your assistance during the last week. After having no success in solving this, I downloaded the user manual of my Technics keyboard and found a series of special key sequences that are used to control the MIDI functions of the keyboard. There was a special function that toggles the send of the sustain pedal to the Midi device! This solved my problem in an instant. I am not sure whether I accidentally toggled this immediately after the software upgrade, but it turns out that it was indeed a hardware issue and not Logic Pro X 10.4.5!

Kind regards

Hannes

Midi sustain pedal not recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.