Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music subscription ended two days ago, now my entire music library is gone (I can't even see the names). Will they come back after I subscribe again?

My subscription ended. I knew the downloads would go away and I could not stream anything. But I didn't expect that the names and information of the songs would also go away. I've been building my library for years and i intended to buy the music I liked by looking up the names of the songs in my library. However, now I don't even have access to the names. This is rather devastating to me and I would do anything to get my library back! Is there any way I can do it? Will it help if i subscribe again? Will my library be added or have I lost it forever? Thank you so much for your help!

(This is happening on my Mac. I don't currently have any other functioning Apple devices)

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 22, 2019 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2019 1:33 AM

I got in touch with Apple support and they said that Apple Music does remember your music library up to 30 days after you cancel your subscription. I subscribed again and my library is back. But if more than one month had passed, I wouldn't be able to retrieve them

2 replies

Apple music subscription ended two days ago, now my entire music library is gone (I can't even see the names). Will they come back after I subscribe again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.