Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music library after unsubscribing

Recently moved from Apple Music to Spotify after years of using it. Trying to get all the songs I had there to Spotify. How do I find Apple Music songs I had in my library? After I cancelled my subscription, all the Apple Music songs I had disappeared on my iPhone. Is there a way I can find the songs (other than resubscribing)? All of my playlists also disappeared. On my Macbook shows only songs I had in my library from 2019 and prior, and not after.

iPhone X

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 11:20 AM

When you subscribe to Apple Music, you only lease the music to play on your Apple approved devices for as long as you subscribe. That is how you get access to literally millions of songs for a nominal monthly fee. You do not own the music you download (unless you buy it separately from the iTunes Store). The music you lease is copy (DRM) protected and cannot be reformatted or burned to a CD (for example). Once you terminate your subscription, all that music goes away and there is no guarantee if or for how long your music library will be retained.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2021 11:20 AM in response to sarahway

When you subscribe to Apple Music, you only lease the music to play on your Apple approved devices for as long as you subscribe. That is how you get access to literally millions of songs for a nominal monthly fee. You do not own the music you download (unless you buy it separately from the iTunes Store). The music you lease is copy (DRM) protected and cannot be reformatted or burned to a CD (for example). Once you terminate your subscription, all that music goes away and there is no guarantee if or for how long your music library will be retained.

Apple Music library after unsubscribing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.