Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I purge all traces of apple music from my library?

I have two Macs and an iPhone and am subscribed to iTunes Match.

A couple of years ago I made the mistake of subscribing to Apple Music. I didn't like it and deleted my subscription but my library is still full of tunes from apple music. I've don't think I've ever played most of them, and I can't anyway because I no longer have a subscription.

Is there a way to purge all these apple music tunes from my library? With over 10,000 tracks from my own CDs I am loath to start again, re-tag, re-star and create the many playlists I use every day, so I really don't want to have to start afresh with a new library.

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 4:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2022 6:01 AM

These steps should do it for you.

1. Use the Songs view of the library.
  2. Enable the Kind column if needed by right or ctrl clicking the header area.
  3. Sort on Kind by clicking the column heading.
  4. Select the first track with the kind Apple Music.
  5. Scroll down and shift-click the last Apple Music track to select all of them.
  6. Right or ctrl click and delete the selection from the library.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2022 6:01 AM in response to Guff

These steps should do it for you.

1. Use the Songs view of the library.
  2. Enable the Kind column if needed by right or ctrl clicking the header area.
  3. Sort on Kind by clicking the column heading.
  4. Select the first track with the kind Apple Music.
  5. Scroll down and shift-click the last Apple Music track to select all of them.
  6. Right or ctrl click and delete the selection from the library.

tt2

How do I purge all traces of apple music from my library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.