Deleting subscription albums from the library after switching from Apple Music to iTunes Match

I subscribed to iTunes Match and cancelled my Apple Music subscription. A few years ago, I paused my Apple Music subscription and was surprised to see that all my music that I had not downloaded on the laptop disappeared. To avoid this, I decided to subscribe to iTunes Match before cancelling Apple Music in the hope that I could keep the several hundred albums I had uploaded, including most of my CDs.

My Apple Music subscription has now ended and all my uploads are still in the library, which is what I wanted. But in addition to my uploads, there are also the several thousand albums I had added from the Apple Music library. All the tracks are greyed-out. How do I get rid of all the subscription-only items I cannot listen to without going through all the albums one by one?

(I cannot remember which ones I own and which ones were added from the Apple Music. I habitually added things I bought on, say, Bandcamp that were already on Apple Music instead of uploading the files.)

MacBook Air (2018 – 2020)

Posted on Sep 9, 2023 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2023 5:18 AM

Use the Songs view of the library, enable the Kind column if not already visible, click the heading of the column to sort on it. Select and delete all tracks where the Kind is Apple Music AAC audio file.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Deleting subscription albums from the library after switching from Apple Music to iTunes Match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.