Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My watch no longer responds to “Hey Siri" or hears me when I push in crown.

My watch no longer responds to “Hey Siri or hears me when I push in crown. I have reset watch and made sure Siri on my phone is on but it has not helped.

watch speaker does work to answer calls

any suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jun 23, 2019 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2019 3:22 PM

I think you are saying your speaker works, but your mic which used to work has now stopped working for both Siri and for voice calls on the watch. You have tried a forced reset (press both the Digital Crown and the side button together, until the Apple logo appears, then let the watch restart) but it didn’t help.

Suggestions:

• Make sure your watch microphone port is not obstructed by debris (use your eyes, don’t poke things into the mic) or a protective case.
  • If the watch has been in water it might have water blocking the mic. Tap the mic port gently downward onto a piece of absorbent material to dislodge water.
  • Unpair and re-pair the watch to reload software and settings.
  • If these fail, you are probably considering hardware failure, Contact Support to arrange getting it checked by Apple. Don’t skip the steps above, because you will be able to tell support you already did them.

Oh, and you can ignore the useless suggestion about Theater Mode, that doesn’t block the microphone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2019 3:22 PM in response to Jlucla

I think you are saying your speaker works, but your mic which used to work has now stopped working for both Siri and for voice calls on the watch. You have tried a forced reset (press both the Digital Crown and the side button together, until the Apple logo appears, then let the watch restart) but it didn’t help.

Suggestions:

• Make sure your watch microphone port is not obstructed by debris (use your eyes, don’t poke things into the mic) or a protective case.
  • If the watch has been in water it might have water blocking the mic. Tap the mic port gently downward onto a piece of absorbent material to dislodge water.
  • Unpair and re-pair the watch to reload software and settings.
  • If these fail, you are probably considering hardware failure, Contact Support to arrange getting it checked by Apple. Don’t skip the steps above, because you will be able to tell support you already did them.

Oh, and you can ignore the useless suggestion about Theater Mode, that doesn’t block the microphone.

My watch no longer responds to “Hey Siri" or hears me when I push in crown.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.