Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with my 3rd generation iPod Nano

I want to load up my iPod Nano with some songs, but it is not being recognized by iTunes on my MacBook Pro. My MacBook is running iTunes version 12.8.2.3, but I'm not sure about my iPod. In the about menu, it says that its version is 1.1.3, though I'm not sure if that refers to the device, the OS, or the version of iTunes. I'm not sure if this would affect anything, but the iPod has already been used, and is already loaded up with some songs, though not to capacity. I am using a 3rd party adapter to connect my iPod to my computer, which I have attached an image of. The iPod is successfully charging, so the cable is working to some extent, but, like I said, it is not being recognized by iTunes. Thank you to anyone who can help!

iPod Nano

Posted on Jun 24, 2019 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 7:25 AM

Hey, oshposh521.

I see that iTunes on your MacBook isn't recognizing your iPod nano (3rd generation), and I'm glad t help.

If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod -- This article provides the information and steps that you need when iTunes doesn't see your connected device.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies

Issues with my 3rd generation iPod Nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.