Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Update Message

I was trying to update my iphone 6S to the ios 13 public beta. While doing so, I kept getting an unable to install update message. I was curious to know why this is happening.

iPhone 6s, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 24, 2019 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 7:14 AM

I happen to have my iPhone 6s+ installed iOS 13 after experiencing the same issue. The solution that worked for me is: backed up iPhone with iTunes and restore iPhone with tunes. In doing so iTunes will download back the latest current iOS software and then restore iPhone. You will then need to restore the backup to your iPhone to gain back your stuff. After that proceed to enroll you iOS device, install beta profile and download install iOS 13 beta. It works for me and I hope it works your you too. One sign that it is working is the preparing update takes extra long than usual.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2019 7:14 AM in response to justyn113

I happen to have my iPhone 6s+ installed iOS 13 after experiencing the same issue. The solution that worked for me is: backed up iPhone with iTunes and restore iPhone with tunes. In doing so iTunes will download back the latest current iOS software and then restore iPhone. You will then need to restore the backup to your iPhone to gain back your stuff. After that proceed to enroll you iOS device, install beta profile and download install iOS 13 beta. It works for me and I hope it works your you too. One sign that it is working is the preparing update takes extra long than usual.

Jun 30, 2019 7:15 AM in response to vd280

I happen to have my iPhone 6s+ installed iOS 13 after experiencing the same issue which I posted on this thread. The solution that worked for me is: backed up iPhone with iTunes and restore iPhone with tunes. In doing so iTunes will download back the latest current iOS software and then restore iPhone. You will then need to restore the backup to your iPhone to gain back your stuff. After that proceed to enroll you iOS device, install beta profile and download install iOS 13 beta. It works for me and I hope it works your you too. One sign that it is working is the preparing update takes extra long than usual.

Unable to Update Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.