Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Pro does not detect an external display- Ezio FlexScan S2213W

I am trying to connect an Eizo FlexScan S2213W to my iMac Pro. It is connected with DVI-USB C adapter then to one of the thunderbolt ports. iMac Pro does not detect it. I have made sure power supply and the adapter connection to the Eizo are fine. However, even when I click 'Detect Displays' in System Preferences/Display, the Eizo is still not detected.

I have tried a re-start of the iMac Pro. It does not work either.

iMac Pro, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 24, 2019 11:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 6:01 PM

Although I have not used a DVI connection in many years, I've heard it said that you need an Active adapter and it should be Dual Link, whatever that means. I was checking into the adapter and I came across something that made me stop for a minute:

(this is from the adapter maker's website): Only supports devices with DP alt mode otherwise no image output is possible. wikipedia says the imac pro should work as long as it's pretty recent, so don't look for the problem on the imac pro end of things. maybe it's the dvi cable you're using with the adapter itself. Assuming you only need about a 6 foot length, try this link

https://www.amazon.ca/Cable-Matters-USB-C-Black-Feet/dp/B076TTN1FL/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=thunderbolt+3+to+dvi&qid=1561510682&s=electronics&sr=1-13

says it supports iMac Pro anyways

john b

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2019 6:01 PM in response to Mr._Simon

Although I have not used a DVI connection in many years, I've heard it said that you need an Active adapter and it should be Dual Link, whatever that means. I was checking into the adapter and I came across something that made me stop for a minute:

(this is from the adapter maker's website): Only supports devices with DP alt mode otherwise no image output is possible. wikipedia says the imac pro should work as long as it's pretty recent, so don't look for the problem on the imac pro end of things. maybe it's the dvi cable you're using with the adapter itself. Assuming you only need about a 6 foot length, try this link

https://www.amazon.ca/Cable-Matters-USB-C-Black-Feet/dp/B076TTN1FL/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=thunderbolt+3+to+dvi&qid=1561510682&s=electronics&sr=1-13

says it supports iMac Pro anyways

john b

iMac Pro does not detect an external display- Ezio FlexScan S2213W

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.