Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App 32 bit not 64 bit

I get that an app is 32 bit and not 64bit. The name of the issue is presented but, the owner ie; adobe etc is not proided. A search of the 'app' Loginserver is not found. How can I resolve an issue with such vague information ?

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 4:42 AM

If you have no subscription with Adobe, you are not using the current release of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, or Photoshop Elements 2019, then your Adobe applications are 32-bit, or 64-bit with some internal 32-bit components, and you should not upgrade to Catalina. Adobe has no motivation to upgrade their non-subscription, outdated, 32-bit products to 64-bit.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2019 4:42 AM in response to 0743cfm

If you have no subscription with Adobe, you are not using the current release of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, or Photoshop Elements 2019, then your Adobe applications are 32-bit, or 64-bit with some internal 32-bit components, and you should not upgrade to Catalina. Adobe has no motivation to upgrade their non-subscription, outdated, 32-bit products to 64-bit.

Jun 25, 2019 4:45 AM in response to 0743cfm

The alert is merely informative, but I agree it's not very helpful. One way to determine the information you seek to use (Apple menu) > About This Mac > System Report... > Software > Applications.

A sortable list of all the applications installed on that Mac will appear. One of the columns is labeled 64-bit (Intel). Click that heading to sort that column. Select any one of those 32 bit apps and its fully qualified pathname will appear.

I happen to know "LOGINServer" was installed by Brother as a Login Item upon installing their printer drivers. You certainly don't need it. To remove it from Login Items read macOS Sierra: If you think you have incompatible login items. The description is equally applicable to Mojave.

You can ignore the warning for now. It serves merely to alert users that Mojave's successor won't run 32 bit apps at all.

Jun 25, 2019 4:41 AM in response to 0743cfm

Since it's name is "Login..." I would assume it is something in your Login Items. Probably a printer utility or something like that.

If not there, look in your user Library/LaunchAgents. The names of the launchd items are usually in a reverse domain name, e.g. com.epson.loginserver.plist. But, it may not be that clear. If you open those plist files with TextEdit, you will see an XML property list and it should have the path to the program. You may be able to figure it out from there.

To get to your user Library, hold down the Option key and select Library from the Go menu in Finder.

Another option is to open System Information > Software > Applications and click on the 64-bit Intel column header. Scroll down to find the "no" entries. Select each one and it will give you more information on the app. To open System Information, hold down the Option key and select it from the Apple menu.

App 32 bit not 64 bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.