Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PC won't recognize iPhone, but recognizes iPod

I am trying to backup my phone, just in case things go awry with it (it's an iPhone SE and I've had for almost three years). I am able to connect my iPod and update it as such, but when I plugged in my iPhone, nothing happened. I tried update the driver when my iPod is plugged in and it still didn't do anything. My OS is Windows 10, by the way.

Side note: Is there a possibility that the lightening port is on the fritz? I'm able to charge my phone, but have had occasions when it's not charging and have had to clean it out. It charges more often than not (Yes, I am using Apple products to charge it).

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2019 7:01 AM

Open iTunes on your PC and then plug in the phone.

An icon will appear at the top left corner of the window that looks like a phone. Click it to see your options.

Similar questions

1 reply

PC won't recognize iPhone, but recognizes iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.