Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maximum number of authorized devices reached. How do I remove devices that are no longer functional?

Today I learned that I have reached 5 devices, the maximum for authorization. However I only am using 3. The others are no longer working. How do I get them off the list. They are old and don't show in my active list and haven't been used in years?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 9:32 AM

See the following from Authorize your computer in iTunes - Apple Support

If one of your 5 authorizations is on a computer you don't use much anymore, deauthorize it. If you've sold or given away a computer that used one of your 5 authorizations, you'll need to deauthorize all of your computers and then re-authorize each one that you still use.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2019 9:32 AM in response to JenniferinVermont

See the following from Authorize your computer in iTunes - Apple Support

If one of your 5 authorizations is on a computer you don't use much anymore, deauthorize it. If you've sold or given away a computer that used one of your 5 authorizations, you'll need to deauthorize all of your computers and then re-authorize each one that you still use.

Maximum number of authorized devices reached. How do I remove devices that are no longer functional?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.