Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Freezing columns in Apple Numbers

I have tried unsuccessfully to freeze columns and rows on my “unprotected and unlocked” numbers page which happens to be our working budget .

Using this method , unsuccessfully it won’t freeze those first 2 columns ! Why oh why can I not get this to work ????

Can someone offer some work around or some other tricks which I can try?

thanks

You can freeze header rows or columns so they’re always visible as you scroll the spreadsheet.

1. Click the table.
  2. In the Format  sidebar, click the Table tab, then do any of the following:
    • Add or delete headers and footers: Click the Headers & Footer pop-up menus in the sidebar and choose a number. To remove all headers or footers, set the number to zero.
  • Freeze header rows and columns: Click the pop-up menus below Headers & Footer, then choose Freeze Header Rows or Freeze Header Columns. To unfreeze, deselect Freeze Header Rows or Freeze Header Columns so that the checkmark disappears.

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 6:21 AM

Hi Daryl,

Your table must have two header columns before you can freeze the two leftmost columns. That means the table must be at least three columns wide. Two header columns and at least one non-header (body) column.

Regards,

Ian.

1 reply

Freezing columns in Apple Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.