Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No OS on iMac to Mojave

Hello,

Firstly thank you for looking at this post. I'm sure the answer is quite easy, if you know how, and I simply don't.

I am selling my trusty iMac of 7 years. I followed the instruction to erase all data from it and to restore the os back to Mojave. At some point something went wrong.

I have reloaded the os 3 times, every time I update back up to Mojave then erase, I lose the Mojave os and reverts back to no os! Then I Have to rebuild it from no os to through Mountain Lion and then to Mojave.

Each time the disk is erased, I have a 2 hour job to bring it back up to scratch.

I have tried to partition the drive and to keep the os on there, but my credentials are still there (password to log on and name (no iCloud data etc, as I don't set the iMac up with connection to iCloud).

Can anyone help?

Thank you,

Aidan

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 10:19 AM

Legally you need to prepare the Mac according to this Apple document which means restoring it to the system it came with originally: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Those sellers who are including the latest system are doing nothing but causing problem for the buyer.

It's up to the buyer to upgrade to the system they want as it will be associated with their Apple ID and not the sellers.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2019 10:19 AM in response to aidanfromwrexham

Legally you need to prepare the Mac according to this Apple document which means restoring it to the system it came with originally: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Those sellers who are including the latest system are doing nothing but causing problem for the buyer.

It's up to the buyer to upgrade to the system they want as it will be associated with their Apple ID and not the sellers.

No OS on iMac to Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.