Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Daughter’s new iphone

I just purchased a new iPhone 8 for my daughter. I have sprint and bought through their website. When the phone arrived, I tried to set it up using my Apple ID since she’s 12 and doesn’t have an email. This seems to have connected her phone to my iPhone. I set up family sharing from her phone. I guess I should have set it up through mine. I don’t know how to fix this. I don’t want our devices to be connected. I want her to have her own account but I need access and parental control. Can anyone please tell me how I can fix this?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 11:27 AM

Set Family Sharing up on your phone. Since it was activated using your ID, you should be able to control it from your phone. Sign out of her phone using the article below as a guide of where to sign out. Then create an ID for her and sign in.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support 

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2019 11:27 AM in response to Christinarae1225

Set Family Sharing up on your phone. Since it was activated using your ID, you should be able to control it from your phone. Sign out of her phone using the article below as a guide of where to sign out. Then create an ID for her and sign in.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support 

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child

Daughter’s new iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.