Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icon that looks like a tv screen pop up on the top right corner of my phone

I own an iPhone 7, and i just had this icon pop up on the top right corner of my phone that I’ve never seen before, I am trying to figure out what it is with google etc asking friends but, no one knows what it is :(, it looks like a tv screen with an arrow pointing into it, i don’t know what or why it’s there, I don’t own an Apple TV and I don’t know if it’s something to do with pairing or whatever, but I have no clue as to why it’s there, if anyone knows what this is or might be let me know how to get rid of it!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2019 8:46 PM

If video automatically streams to an AirPlay device

• Your iOS device might automatically AirPlay video to the Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV that you frequently use. If you open a video app and see  in the upper-left corner, then an AirPlay device is already selected.
  • To use AirPlay with a different device, tap, then tap another device, or tap "iPhone" to stop streaming with AirPlay.

AirPlay video from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
  2. Find the video that you want to AirPlay.
  3. Tap . In some third-party apps, you might need to tap a different icon first.* In the Photos app, tap , then tap .
  4. Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV. Need help?
  • To stop streaming, tap  in the app that you're streaming from, then tap your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from the list.

*Some video apps on iOS might not support AirPlay. If you can’t use AirPlay with a video app, check the App Store for tvOS to see if that app is available on Apple TV.

How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2019 8:46 PM in response to Sophia_rico_

If video automatically streams to an AirPlay device

• Your iOS device might automatically AirPlay video to the Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV that you frequently use. If you open a video app and see  in the upper-left corner, then an AirPlay device is already selected.
  • To use AirPlay with a different device, tap, then tap another device, or tap "iPhone" to stop streaming with AirPlay.

AirPlay video from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
  2. Find the video that you want to AirPlay.
  3. Tap . In some third-party apps, you might need to tap a different icon first.* In the Photos app, tap , then tap .
  4. Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV. Need help?
  • To stop streaming, tap  in the app that you're streaming from, then tap your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from the list.

*Some video apps on iOS might not support AirPlay. If you can’t use AirPlay with a video app, check the App Store for tvOS to see if that app is available on Apple TV.

How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289

Icon that looks like a tv screen pop up on the top right corner of my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.