Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete virus from my MAC

Hi

I would much appreciate your help in deleting a virus that has invaded my MAC. I received a message on facebook from a friend and when I opened it, it was a virus that had taken over her facebook account and messaged all her contacts. Unfortunately and very naively I opened it and since then I am getting tones of google notifications on the ride side of my desktop similar to what it is shown on the attached image. These notifications are not for any of my accounts and they are hundreds every hour. In addition I received an email from ebay telling me that my account has been hacked and I am concerned that the two incidents may be related. I have checked the applications list and it does not seem that there is an unknown app that has been installed. Will you be able to help?

Kind Regards

Smaragda

MacBook, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 27, 2019 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2019 3:10 AM

First of all, that is not a virus, though there may be malware involved. What I see in there are notifications that seem to be sent by chrome. You may have subscribed to someone’s google calendar.

Running MalwareBytes, as suggested, is a good idea.

You may also want to disable notifications for chrome - better yet, you should uninstall chrome and use a browser that is not invading your privacy in any way it can.

Also, go to Calendar and check what subscriptions you may have.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2019 3:10 AM in response to smaragda51

First of all, that is not a virus, though there may be malware involved. What I see in there are notifications that seem to be sent by chrome. You may have subscribed to someone’s google calendar.

Running MalwareBytes, as suggested, is a good idea.

You may also want to disable notifications for chrome - better yet, you should uninstall chrome and use a browser that is not invading your privacy in any way it can.

Also, go to Calendar and check what subscriptions you may have.

delete virus from my MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.