Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to buy English novels, but Apple Books only shows me Dutch titles, probably because my address is in the Netherlands

I want to buy English novels, but Apple Books only shows me Dutch titles, probably because my address is in the Netherlands

iPad mini 4, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 27, 2019 3:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2019 4:43 PM

Try to go into your account settings (in app store, and if that doesn't work then in settings on iphone) and change your address to an English speaking country? Can't guarantee it will work for books but it does work for apps that only exist in certain countries' stores

8 replies

Jun 28, 2019 2:33 AM in response to Drenthebol

Drenthebol wrote:

If you search for an English novel by its title, do you find it?

There's no guarantee that Apple's Book Store will offer any particular book, but you should still be able to find and buy English books in general. When you can't find what you want, then most people try Amazon and use the Kindle app to read them.

Jun 28, 2019 8:27 AM in response to Drenthebol

Drenthebol wrote:

Why

If you are asking why Apple's Book Store may not have a particular book, it's because publishers, not Apple, decide in which stores to place their ebooks for sale, and they may even decided to do it differently for different countries.

Because items in Apple's Book Store can normally only be read on Apple devices, a publisher may choose to get a wider audience using another store.

If you search for an English novel by its title, do you find it?

Jul 14, 2019 2:42 PM in response to yasbrk

In response to yasbrk, I followed your advice and changed my address accordingly, but when I wanted to buy a book I could not pay because my bankcard was not registered in an English speaking country. So today I had to reverse the whole procedure.

To my surprise I saw in my bookstore some new English books referring to some of the authors I had in my library.

needless to say I bought some immediately before they could disappear again. Which of course I hope won’t happen. Thanks for the suggestion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.