Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook 12 trackpad's sudden excursion issue

Using a MacBook 12", while doing the 3 finger move on the built-in trackpad it frequently will suddenly zip the object I am moving or D&D'ing off to the edge of the screen, sometimes even pushing my moved object (window, highlighted text, etc) off onto an entirely different virtual window!!!

I took it to the Apple store and they have replaced MB, trackpad and looked at the OS and no love. i couldn't replicate it in-store.

Sadly, the MacBook 12 still has this terrible behavior, which means it sits idle while I use my older MacBook Air (with its trackpad seemingly behaving correctly).

Has anyone had and resolved this issue?

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 27, 2019 5:16 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 17, 2019 5:55 PM in response to Jakib

Hello,

I was trying to determine if it was an issue with macOS or specific to your trackpad. Another thing that I often suggest is to create a new temporary user account in System Preferences. You would then log out of your main user profile and log into the new one you just created. Don’t sign in with iCloud or anything, just get to the desktop. If your trackpad functions properly inside the new profile then it’s something wrong with your user profile or some software you have installed under that user. If it still does not work then I’m pretty certain it is a hardware issue and you will have to contact AppleCare for further assistance.

macbook 12 trackpad's sudden excursion issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.