Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cocoa error -1 Screen Recording unable to save

So each time I try to take a screen recording on my iPhone 7, everything works until I stop it and a little thing pops up that says cocoa error -1 and that the screen recording was unable to save. I’ve tried restarting my phone, I’ve updated it as much as possible, and I have plenty of storage on my phone, so if you know what the problem is, please let me know!

Posted on Jun 27, 2019 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 11:45 AM

Hello,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! You've done great troubleshooting steps already. To help narrow down the cause, try making adjustments to the following settings, restarting your iPhone after each step:

Does this tend to happen when your iPhone is in Low Power mode? If you're unsure, try turning Low Power mode off completely, before trying again: Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone - Apple Support

Check for any restrictions by going to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions to see if Screen Recording is set to "Allow."

If these suggestions don't help, please reply back to the community with more information, including whether this happens while screen recording a specific app or any app.

Take care.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2019 11:45 AM in response to darren644

Hello,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! You've done great troubleshooting steps already. To help narrow down the cause, try making adjustments to the following settings, restarting your iPhone after each step:

Does this tend to happen when your iPhone is in Low Power mode? If you're unsure, try turning Low Power mode off completely, before trying again: Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone - Apple Support

Check for any restrictions by going to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions to see if Screen Recording is set to "Allow."

If these suggestions don't help, please reply back to the community with more information, including whether this happens while screen recording a specific app or any app.

Take care.

Cocoa error -1 Screen Recording unable to save

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.