Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downtime ignore limit

I set a downtime limit on my child's IPhone 7 between 10:30pm-7:00am. However when clicking on the blocked app, my child is presented with "ignore downtime for today" or something similar. The blocked apps icons appear on home screen but are visibly shaded between those times, but she only has to to press ignore!

She is going away on a trip and although I don't mind her taking her phone, I don't want her using it all night without parental supervision. Any suggestions?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 2:19 PM

Ignore Time Limit option is available only on Parent's iPhone not on Child's iPhone.

If the Screen Time is Turned on from Parent's iPhone to a Childs iPhone then Child will not have the option of ignoring the limit. on

Screen Time needs to be enabled on Parent's iPhone (See The GIF below)

If the Screen Time is enabled on Child's iPhone directly (See the GIF)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2019 2:19 PM in response to WillowRose7

Ignore Time Limit option is available only on Parent's iPhone not on Child's iPhone.

If the Screen Time is Turned on from Parent's iPhone to a Childs iPhone then Child will not have the option of ignoring the limit. on

Screen Time needs to be enabled on Parent's iPhone (See The GIF below)

If the Screen Time is enabled on Child's iPhone directly (See the GIF)

Downtime ignore limit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.