Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music keep dissapearing

I am using iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.3.1) and have monthly Individual Apple Music subscription. I have added many songs to my library. But the songs keep disappearing from the main library list. If the song was downloaded I can see it in the Downloaded section but still cannot see in the main library list. The oldest ones disappear first and the the next day some other oldest songs disappear and so on. The same happens to albums and playlists. I know for sure that these songs have not changed their Apple Music copyright status or something like that (they are NOT greyed out and I can easily find them through the search in the Apple Music).

I have tried everything: rebooting, relogging Apple ID and iTunes, reenabling iCloud Music Library and Show Apple Music options, etc. Nothing works. In order to see the song in the main list again I need to find it through the search (Your Library), remove the song and then add it from the Apple Music.

I synced my device with the iTunes on my PC and can see all songs all right and I can see that they are added to my Music Library. But nothing helps with the phone.

It is quite frustrating. Any help?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 12:27 PM

Since you’ve already tried the recommended steps, try this as wall:

• Close the Apple Music App
  • Update iPhone Software. 
  • Reset Network Settings
  • Restart Your Device
  • Sign out of Apple ID and sign back in 
  • Turn off and back on "Show Apple Music”

After this, make sure iCloud music library is turned back on as signing out may turn it off

Similar questions

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2019 12:27 PM in response to interbuu

Since you’ve already tried the recommended steps, try this as wall:

• Close the Apple Music App
  • Update iPhone Software. 
  • Reset Network Settings
  • Restart Your Device
  • Sign out of Apple ID and sign back in 
  • Turn off and back on "Show Apple Music”

After this, make sure iCloud music library is turned back on as signing out may turn it off

Jun 28, 2019 3:04 PM in response to interbuu

Try these steps again:

• Settings- Reset- Reset Network Settings

After your phone restarts

• Open the music app 
  • Tap on the For you Tab
  • Tap on your profile in upper right corner
  • Scroll down to .view Apple ID - Sign out - Sign back  in 

Go to Settings > Music, then tap iCloud Music Library to turn it off.

1. Close Settings.
    2. Go to Settings > Music, then tap iCloud Music Library to turn it on.
    3. Turn on “Show Apple Music”

Jun 29, 2019 1:07 AM in response to interbuu

There’s the option “View Apple ID”.

Usually when you view your Apple ID you’re asked to sign in. So you sort of have to sign in to sign out , then you can sign back in.

You can do it in settings then

Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.

Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen, then tap View Apple ID - sign in , sign out, sign in

maybe also you should redo the icloud library steps as well

Turn iCloud Music Library off, then on again

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Go to Settings > Music, then tap iCloud Music Library to turn it off.
    2. Close Settings.
    3. Go to Settings > Music, then tap iCloud Music Library to turn it on.
    4. Turn on “Show Apple Music”

Jul 1, 2019 4:14 PM in response to interbuu

see If the following articles are of any help to you

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204926

and Using Apple Music

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/music/using-apple-music

If you don't see your content on all of your devices

Make sure that that you have the latest version of iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch; macOS and iTunes on your computer; or the Apple Music app on your Android device.

Then, on the computer that contains your original music library, make sure that you're signed in to iTunes with the Apple ID that you use with Apple Music and have iCloud Music Library turned on. Then, from the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or the top of the iTunes window, choose File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library.

Jul 5, 2019 1:29 PM in response to interbuu

Apple will most likely give you same instructions I gave you, since I obtained them from their support pages.

I’m hopeful that IOS 13 will address these issues, since they want to focus on Apple Music

Last night I had one heck of a mess in my Apple Music. Music was vanishing from my iPad. I lost a ton of music I saved. I couldn’t even retrieve it from the downloads either.

i had opted not to use the setting “ Add Playlist songs” which adds songs to your library when added to playlists because I don’t like the confusing clutter and I change my mind on songs I like and want to delete them just off the playlists and downloads. I’ve turned that setting on now to aid in retrieving them.

At one one point I reset my network settings to see if it was just a loading issue, it helped but soon vanished again.

• Theres another setting in settings - Music - Optimize storage - which will remove music you’ve not played in awhile , if you’re low on space.. you might want to see if that’s enabled.

Apple music keep dissapearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.