Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use my apple ID for a used iMac that I recently purchased?

Since I don't know the apple of the used iMac that I purchased for my parents, can I use the apple id that I have for my iMac?

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2019 5:00 PM

What you need to do first is to follow the steps in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support and then you can set it up. NEVER EVER EVER accept a used Mac until the items noted above have been done. If I understand correctly you want to have your parents use the iMac, if so they should have their own Apple ID and not use yours however you could do that. Not advised, but you could do it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2019 5:00 PM in response to 30"trout

What you need to do first is to follow the steps in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support and then you can set it up. NEVER EVER EVER accept a used Mac until the items noted above have been done. If I understand correctly you want to have your parents use the iMac, if so they should have their own Apple ID and not use yours however you could do that. Not advised, but you could do it.

Can I use my apple ID for a used iMac that I recently purchased?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.