Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watching Apple TV from phone to non smart tv

How can I use my Apple TV from my phone to watch on non smart tv ?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 2:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 3:28 AM

appletv bypass everything smart about tv's it works the same on a non smart tv or a computer monitor as it does on the smartest tv in the store.

it's unclear what you mean by "How can I use my Apple TV from my phone"

if you mean how you can airplay mirror the iphones content to the screen connected to the appletv

then How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen - Apple Support

apart from airplay mirror and airplay audio and being used as remote the iphone and appletv can't use eachother for anything

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2019 3:28 AM in response to Hehehehe222

appletv bypass everything smart about tv's it works the same on a non smart tv or a computer monitor as it does on the smartest tv in the store.

it's unclear what you mean by "How can I use my Apple TV from my phone"

if you mean how you can airplay mirror the iphones content to the screen connected to the appletv

then How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen - Apple Support

apart from airplay mirror and airplay audio and being used as remote the iphone and appletv can't use eachother for anything

Watching Apple TV from phone to non smart tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.