Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not make my airport extreme connect to internet

Can not get wireless internet connection. Yesterday modem would not connect over hard wire, cox cable man came out and delivered a new modem that allows me to connect over ethernet but can not get internet wifi connection that I have had for several years. I have an airport extreme and a airport time capsule. both were green this am before new modem connected. but neither can be located with airport utility on iMac or MacBook pro.

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 11:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2019 2:30 PM

Anytime you change networking hardware, like the modem, you should perform a complete power recycle of all of your networking equipment. Please take a look at the following article to see what I mean: AirPort - Complete Power Recycle - Apple Community

2 replies

Jun 29, 2019 5:45 PM in response to rdp46MD

It would really help us help you if you could provide the manufacturer name and model number of the new modem. The reason why we ask is that the type of modem that you have will determine how the AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule are configured.

It would also help if you could tell us if the AirPort Extreme is connected directly to the modem, and the Time Capsule is connected to the AirPort Extreme........OR......whether both the AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule are connected directly to the modem.

Can not make my airport extreme connect to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.