Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding a second Photos account to my iMac

My wife and I have separate iCloud accounts for our iPhones. We share one iMac, which is logged into my iCloud account, which means we only see my pictures on Photos. How do we add my wife's pictures to Photos? Do we create a new User login account using my wife's iCloud account?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 10:27 AM

Do we create a new User login account using my wife's iCloud account?

Yes, create a new user account for your wife, with her iCloud AppleID. Then she can sync her photos with iCloud Photos library to her own Photos Library. To create a second user account for her, use the System Preferences > User & Groups.

You will then still have two separate Photos Libraries, one with her photos and one with your Photos. (https://support.apple.com/kb/ph25796?locale=en_US)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2019 10:27 AM in response to bobfrombrookhaven

Yes, create a new user account for your wife, with her iCloud AppleID. Then she can sync her photos with iCloud Photos library to her own Photos Library. To create a second user account for her, use the System Preferences > User & Groups.

You will then still have two separate Photos Libraries, one with her photos and one with your Photos. (https://support.apple.com/kb/ph25796?locale=en_US)

Jun 30, 2019 10:28 AM in response to bobfrombrookhaven

Yes, that's what you have to do. That way each of you have your separate email accounts, text accounts, Photos library, etc.

You can enable fast user switching between accounts rather than having to log out of one account and log back in to the other. You still need to use passwords but it's much quicker.

How to Quickly Switch User Accounts Using the Mac Menu Bar

Adding a second Photos account to my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.