Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On screen camera buttons appearing on my videos. How to turn off?

I am trying to record video to my Mac with iPhone as my camera using QuickTime 10.5. I was wondering why are the iPhone's camera app buttons showing on my video? I can't see why anyone would ever want those buttons to be shown in a video.

If my explanation wasn't clear here is a YouTube video showing the problem.https://youtu.be/-a3lHjyvL3w

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2019 10:24 PM

You could record a regular video on the phone, then transfer it to your Mac afterwards? Then it wouldn’t be a screen recording of the phone, and it wouldn’t have the interface controls in the picture.

There are third party apps that claim to turn your iPhone into a virtual webcam for this purpose. Untested by me, so I can’t recommend a specific one.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2019 10:24 PM in response to pik80

You could record a regular video on the phone, then transfer it to your Mac afterwards? Then it wouldn’t be a screen recording of the phone, and it wouldn’t have the interface controls in the picture.

There are third party apps that claim to turn your iPhone into a virtual webcam for this purpose. Untested by me, so I can’t recommend a specific one.

Jul 10, 2019 1:41 PM in response to Urquhart1244

The issue is that my microphone can't plug straight into the phone. I could buy a mic that could do that (with less features) or a new webcam that is higher resolution. The new web cam is starting to make more sense to me since there may be a few benefits: USB-C support that I could also use on my laptop, 4K, and I wonder if that kind of camera could zoom in and out more? That would also be valuable. The more I think about it the more my mind goes in that direction.

On screen camera buttons appearing on my videos. How to turn off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.