Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone please at least confirm Flickr integration with Apple Photos is broken. I feel like I'm crazy.

I'm posting this because this question has been asked a number of times and either (1) people respond with a recommendation to add Flickr to "Internet Accounts" in System Preferences or (2) assume that using the "cloud arrow" (upload) icon on the Flickr site is what people are missing.

Neither of these are responsive to the basic question. I am using OS High Sierra and Photos 3.0.

(1) System Preferences/Internet Accounts will no longer accept a Flickr login as valid. I've updated my Flickr login and have confirmed that it's updated in Keychain, so no issue when I go to the Flickr site on Safari. However, even though the login is valid in keychain, System Preferences will not accept that log in as valid to add Flickr to the "Share" (box with up arrow) menu in Photos via System Preferences/Internet Accounts.

(2) The "cloud arrow"on the Flickr site (and the Flickr Uploadr app) are not integrated into the Photos workflow. In order to use those, you have to export your image from the Photos app and then upload the image as a file from your desktop. This is a significant change from having the ability to choose images in the Apple Photos app and use the "Share" function.

I have been a Flickr Pro account member since at least 2011 and have been using the share button (box with an up arrow) in Photos (formerly iPhoto) since then to add images to my Flickr account. I'd like to understand what broke and why Apple is no longer accepting Flickr logins in System Preferences/Internet Accounts. So please don't tell me to use the Flickr "cloud arrow" or the Flickr Uploadr - I am asking why Apple will not accept my Flickr login in my System Preferences/Internet Accounts anymore.

MacBook

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 8:28 PM

I am asking why Apple will not accept my Flickr login in my System Preferences/Internet Accounts anymore.

Likely at Flickr's request.

None of the social media apps support the older "push" sharing feature.

See >>> https://help.flickr.com/en_us/upload-photos-and-videos-to-flickr-BkE9nXo1X

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 1, 2019 10:09 AM in response to netlawyer

With the introduction of Mojave the sharing to the social websites have been removed and it's now up to each particular web site to provide an extension for Photos so it can upload directly to the site.

In the meantime one must upload from the site using your browser. In the select files to upload window go down the sidebar to the Media section. Click on Photos and then on Photos in the right side. You'll be able to upload from the library to the site:

Can someone please at least confirm Flickr integration with Apple Photos is broken. I feel like I'm crazy.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.