Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR Screen with Faint Black Outline

Have you encountered this screen issue where there’s a faint black outline at the left part of your screen? It’s not dirt or smudge. Checked this also with iPhone XRs of friends and they have this also.

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 1:54 PM

Hi nates_05,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you have a question about your iPhone display.

It looks like you may have a case or screen protector on your iPhone; do you see the same outline with the case/protector removed?

Does it persist after you Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?

If you see the same outline after restarting and with any protectors removed, I recommend getting in touch with Apple to look at your options: Contact Apple Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2019 1:54 PM in response to nates_05

Hi nates_05,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I understand you have a question about your iPhone display.

It looks like you may have a case or screen protector on your iPhone; do you see the same outline with the case/protector removed?

Does it persist after you Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch?

If you see the same outline after restarting and with any protectors removed, I recommend getting in touch with Apple to look at your options: Contact Apple Support

Take care.

iPhone XR Screen with Faint Black Outline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.