Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black spot on screen that are only visible when dark colors are displayed

I have this iPhone XS Max that is refurbished. After purchasing it, weeks later there is a black spot appeared on the screen it is very tiny and only visible when dark colored are displayed on the screen and it also disappears when I lift up the brightness. I’m worried that eventually the black spot will get bigger. Does anyone have the same issue as this? And what did you do to fix it? And also, is this covered under apple warranty?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 9:36 AM

Mdrg69 Said:

"Black spot on screen that are only visible when dark colors are displayed: I talked to the reseller and apparently they have this 3 days replacement rules, but it’s been almost 2 weeks after I purchased my iPhone from them."

-------

Sorry to hear that...

Then Take this as a Learning Experience:

• If purchased through a Web site(i.e. eBay), then perhaps you were scammed, and you need to request a refund. So, contact the site, asking about having the seller can be held accountable.

• If purchased directly from the reseller, then know to always ask the seller what their return policies are to determine if you should cancel the transaction.

• Get an iPhone firsthand from the manufacturer: Apple
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2021 9:36 AM in response to Mdrg69

Mdrg69 Said:

"Black spot on screen that are only visible when dark colors are displayed: I talked to the reseller and apparently they have this 3 days replacement rules, but it’s been almost 2 weeks after I purchased my iPhone from them."

-------

Sorry to hear that...

Then Take this as a Learning Experience:

• If purchased through a Web site(i.e. eBay), then perhaps you were scammed, and you need to request a refund. So, contact the site, asking about having the seller can be held accountable.

• If purchased directly from the reseller, then know to always ask the seller what their return policies are to determine if you should cancel the transaction.

• Get an iPhone firsthand from the manufacturer: Apple

Aug 11, 2021 12:37 AM in response to Mdrg69

Mdrg69 Said:

"Black spot on screen that are only visible when dark colors are displayed: I have this iPhone XS Max that is refurbished. [...]Does anyone have the same issue as this? And what did you do to fix it? And also, is this covered under apple warranty?"

-------

Return it to the seller. It is a damaged device --one that you show never have had to deal with.

Black spot on screen that are only visible when dark colors are displayed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.