Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email for Apple account

I received two emails stating my apple account was temporarily locked and that I needed to validate my account

first email I went into settings and updated my details

second email by going through the link it takes me to

this is not an apple site

IS MY APPLE ACCOUNT LOCKED?

Rhonda

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2019 11:12 PM

This is a scam. I hope you haven't followed the link in it - it's an attempt to get you to disclose your ID and password.

Real emails from Apple always address you by name and come from the apple.com domain, not some address that happens to have 'apple' in it somewhere. If you hover the cursor over any links without clicking on them the actual URL will show as a tooltip and if it's genuine it will be to an apple.com URL. Apple will never ask you to 'verify' your address, account or details in an email and will never send you messages telling you that your account has been or is about to be locked.

If you are told that an unauthorised purchase has been made from your iTunes Store account, check it by going to your account in the Store directly. Do not follow any links in this or indeed in any unexpected email.

If you ever get an email or a pop-up message telling you a 'virus' or 'malware' has been detected on your computer, it's a scam - it's impossible to check for this remotely. Again, don't follow anything of this sort up.

If you are uncertain about an email you can post it here (copy and paste, not as an image) and we can check it - however make sure to remove your own email address if it's showing, never post that in the forums.

You can report fraudulent emails to Apple by forwarding them as an email attachment to reportphishing@apple.com

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2019 11:12 PM in response to REWilcox

This is a scam. I hope you haven't followed the link in it - it's an attempt to get you to disclose your ID and password.

Real emails from Apple always address you by name and come from the apple.com domain, not some address that happens to have 'apple' in it somewhere. If you hover the cursor over any links without clicking on them the actual URL will show as a tooltip and if it's genuine it will be to an apple.com URL. Apple will never ask you to 'verify' your address, account or details in an email and will never send you messages telling you that your account has been or is about to be locked.

If you are told that an unauthorised purchase has been made from your iTunes Store account, check it by going to your account in the Store directly. Do not follow any links in this or indeed in any unexpected email.

If you ever get an email or a pop-up message telling you a 'virus' or 'malware' has been detected on your computer, it's a scam - it's impossible to check for this remotely. Again, don't follow anything of this sort up.

If you are uncertain about an email you can post it here (copy and paste, not as an image) and we can check it - however make sure to remove your own email address if it's showing, never post that in the forums.

You can report fraudulent emails to Apple by forwarding them as an email attachment to reportphishing@apple.com

Email for Apple account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.