Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Safe Mode to start iMac

How long should it take for a computer to boot in safe made? I get the apple and the line that fills in under the apple - and once it fills in on a normal boot - the computer proceeds to the login screen - but in a safe mode start up - I get the apple, and the line fills in and then minutes of nothing. I tried a couple of times - but no completion of boot up.

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2019 1:34 PM

Safe Mode booting is much slower than normal startups and also longer shutdowns than normal shutdowns. This is quite normal. However, if the computer will not startup in safe mode then you have a more serious problem.

Playing Safe- what does Safe mode do?

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

7 replies

Jul 3, 2019 9:48 AM in response to r_p1047

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/etrecheck/id1423715984?mt=12

Use the Add Text button to include the Etrecheck report in your reply.

Using Safe Mode to start iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.