You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2nd Hand Device AppleCare+ [iPad]

I plan to buy a 2nd hand iPad and was wondering is it possible to buy AppleCare (or AppleCare+) plus to cover it? The device is still within its Apple 1 year limited warranty. I currently don't have AppleCare for any of my Apple products.

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 10:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2019 10:22 AM

The device would have to have been originally purchased within 60 days in order to qualify for AppleCare+

You may want to consider buying a refurbished iPad from Apple directly, which will come with a one year warranty AND be eligible for AppleCare+.

4 replies

Jul 2, 2019 10:26 AM in response to gk3rr

If the device was originally purchased more than 60 days ago, yes. You would need to purchase a 3rd party warranty. I still recommend you look at the refurbished devices Apple sells directly.

https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished?afid=p238%7CN6VpWOYK-dc_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_78065330702666_pgrid_2053191222_&cid=aos-us-kwbi-brand--slid---apple+refurbished+store-be-product-

2nd Hand Device AppleCare+ [iPad]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.