Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air A1932 Storage Setup & Default Folders Question

In setting up my new Macbook Air, I only see folders in my Finder for my iCloud drive. I haven't had a Macbook in a few years and was wondering if this is typical of new models. Previously, after initial setup, the Finder would display default folders for the computer's hard drive memory (i.e., Documents, Photos, Music, etc.). However, this time I am only seeing iCloud Documents, iCloud Desktop. Have I done something incorrectly? Or, is this the new norm?

If so, any updates to the files while not connected to Wi-Fi will have to re-sync when an internet connection is established, right?

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 1:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 6:51 AM

Mojave has a new feature which allows you to automatically sync your documents to iCloud. See this Apple document. If you choose to use iCloud Drive your Desktop and Documents folder will be moved into the iCloud Drive and automatically synced. The good news is this means that when you start work on a file at work you can continue working on it at home without having to remember a thumb drive. Of course you have to have enough iCloud space for this to work. If you don't want this feature simply turn it off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2019 6:51 AM in response to brentisbored

Mojave has a new feature which allows you to automatically sync your documents to iCloud. See this Apple document. If you choose to use iCloud Drive your Desktop and Documents folder will be moved into the iCloud Drive and automatically synced. The good news is this means that when you start work on a file at work you can continue working on it at home without having to remember a thumb drive. Of course you have to have enough iCloud space for this to work. If you don't want this feature simply turn it off.

Macbook Air A1932 Storage Setup & Default Folders Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.