Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air not turning on

I’ve never had any problems with my MacBook until today. I turned it on and everything seemed fine and it was running normally. I was only using it for about two minutes when I looked away and looked back and the screen was black. It now will not turn on and when I press the power button it makes a sort of clicking sound coming from what sounds like the left side. I left it to sit for a while hoping it would start working again and after a while it turned on and I got this glitched screen (in photo), so I tried to restart it and now it won’t turn on again. Not sure what happened because it’s been working perfectly fine until now and I am always very gentle with it. Hopefully someone can help, i’ve only had it since March 2018 and I naively did not get a warranty. Thanks.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 5:08 PM

It appears you have a hardware issue so you will need to take the laptop to an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider for repair.

3 replies

MacBook Air not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.