Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible that problems from Old iPhone 6 can be transferred to New IPhone XR???

I have recently just purchased a brand new iPhone XR after having serious problems with my iPhone 6. It would automatically shut down my apps while on them, and some apps would not even open when I tapped on them. My Instagram would not open unless I downloaded it every time, however once I exited the app and tried to go back into it, it would not open.

however, now that I have a BRAND NEW iPhone XR, I am having the EXACT SAME issues and am wondering how I can get rid of this?? I have done absolutely everything that has been suggested including:

-the latest version of Instagram (including bug fixes)

-restarting my phone

-deleting the app and re downloading it

-I have wiped my whole phone

-Updated my back up 3 times from iCloud

-Deleted recent apps (almost all of them) that could be impacting the fact that Instagram doesn’t work

-I have bought more memory

-Factory reset

-Emailed/ messages Instagram numerous times (with no reply)

PLEASE can someone advise me on what to do???

Thanks so so much I’m advance!

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2019 7:30 AM

If you restore a problematic backup, yes you can transfer problems from the old phone to the new one. If the backup is corrupt, restoring it, will just corrupt the new phone.

Did you try setting up the phone as new, without using any backup at all? I know that is the nuclear option, but that’s the best way to troubleshoot the backup. If the phone performs OK without the old backup, then you can assume the backup is the problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2019 7:30 AM in response to ingeBF

If you restore a problematic backup, yes you can transfer problems from the old phone to the new one. If the backup is corrupt, restoring it, will just corrupt the new phone.

Did you try setting up the phone as new, without using any backup at all? I know that is the nuclear option, but that’s the best way to troubleshoot the backup. If the phone performs OK without the old backup, then you can assume the backup is the problem.

Is it possible that problems from Old iPhone 6 can be transferred to New IPhone XR???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.